Erica Rosasco is a partner at McKague Rosasco LLP in Roseville, California. She has received an “AV® Preeminent™” Rating by Martindale-Hubbell, which is the highest rating available from Martindale-Hubbell, the leading independent attorney rating entity.
She also has been named for the last five years as a Super Lawyer of Northern California and as a Super Lawyer California Rising Star in 2012, 2016, 2020 and 2022. Sacramento Magazine’s 2016-2019 Top Lawyers in Sacramento and a Who’s Who Top Attorney for 2016 and 2019.
Her clients sing her praises, resulting in Ms. Rosasco receiving Avvo’s Client’s Choice award for 2015 and a “superb” attorney rating.
Ms. Rosasco represents employers, agricultural employers, farm labor contractors, businesses, and non-profits in all aspects of employment and civil litigation. She has experience with jury trials, bench trials, mediations and arbitrations.
Employment law, sexual harassment, discrimination, retaliation, wrongful termination, ADA defense, wage and hour disputes, wage and hour class actions, PAGA (Private Attorney General Act) actions, leaves of absence and accommodations, business disputes, wrongful death, premises liability, defamation, and breach of contract actions.
• Successfully defended and negotiated settlements for wage and hour class actions on behalf of employers to avoid millions in liability and company bankruptcy.
• Defended numerous businesses against ADA access litigants. • Defended employers in numerous wage claims before the California Office of Labor Commissioner.
• Negotiated severance agreements on behalf of employers and employees avoiding the need for expensive and protracted litigation.
• Successfully negotiated the settlement of a child labor law violation charge against the Division of Labor Standards Enforcement (DLSE). • Defended employers against serious and willful (S&W) and 132a discrimination claims filed at the Worker’s Compensation Appeals Board (WCAB).
• Defended employers against charges filed by employees at the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and Department of Fair Employment & Housing (DFEH).
• Negotiated and handled cases before the Occupational Safety and Health Appeals Board (OSHA).
• Provided advice to employers and businesses to avoid the costs and risks of litigation.
• Handled matters related to internet privacy and website ADA compliance.
She is a frequent speaker on labor and employment trends, litigation avoidance and provides training on sexual harassment and discrimination. She has presented for the California Farm Labor Contractors Association, Sacramento Employer Advisory Council, Napa Valley Grapegrowers Association, Agricultural Personnel Management Association, California Grower Foundation, California Cotton Ginners Association, Insurance Brokers and Agents of Sacramento and Sacramento Regional Builders Exchange.
Ms. Rosasco is the current Chair of the Sacramento Employer Advisory Council (SEAC), a board member for the California Farm Labor Contractor Association, board member of the Agricultural Personnel Management Association, member of Napa Valley Grapegrowers Association and member of Western Growers.
Ms. Rosasco is admitted to practice before all the courts of the State of California, all Federal District Courts of California and the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeal.
She obtained her Juris Doctor degree with a concentration in Trial Advocacy from the University of Pacific, McGeorge School of Law in 2002, and graduated with distinction. Ms. Rosasco was also admitted for membership in the Traynor Honor Society. While at McGeorge, Ms. Rosasco served as a Production Editor and staff writer for the McGeorge Law Review. She was also a member of the Woman's Caucus and Phi Alpha Delta. Ms. Rosasco completed her bachelor’s degree in Political Science from California State University, Stanislaus in 1999 and graduated with Summa Cum Laude Honors.
Ms. Rosasco is a proud supporter of the Central Valley Farmworkers Foundation.